About Unitarian Universalism (humorous)
Some things I’ve heard… ;o)
- Unitarian Universalism is a religion afraid to have beliefs, rituals, or tenets.
- Why are UUs such bad singers? Because they’re always reading ahead to make sure the song does not mention God!
- UU’s are basically good people, who, for the most part, try to live by the 10 suggestions.
- A UU comes to a fork in the road. The sign pointing right says, “To Heaven.” The sign pointing left says, “To a discussion about Heaven.” The UU will invariably head left!
- What do you get when you cross a UU with a Jehovah’s Witness? Somebody who knocks at your door for no apparent reason.
- To have a few doubts is normal. To have many doubts is a crisis of faith. To have constant doubts is a conversion to Unitarian Universalism.
- UU Prayer: “Dear God, if there is a God, if you can, save my soul, if I have a soul.”
- Arguing with a UU is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.